As mentioned elsewhere, one of my projects is an RPG. I’m trying to make a flow that allows users to create their own characters. I set up a page with multiple states to keep things tidy, overall. There’s a data slot to transition between those states, ds_CharacterCreationFlow. State 0 is the starting point, and each button increases its value to move the screen to the next state. That part’s working just fine.
The first screen asks the user to enter their character’s “First Name” and “Full Name.” The button then assigns the names to the “characters” data sheet, along with their email address, which we use to filter characters:
So far, this is working just fine. The user has created a new character, even if all we have down is their name(s).
The button on that screen also changes the DS value to 1, moving us to the next page, where the user selects an “Age” which also assigns some other game traits:
The problem here is that this ends up saving as a separate character entry, instead of saving inside the existing character entry:
I assume this has something to do with the way I’ve got the Component’s interactions set up. If I tell it to either “Add” or “Auto,” it creates the above, separate entry. If I set it to “Update,” it seems to demand access to a field it sees as undefined:
I’ve also tried to set this up to use a queried data sheet, too, but that didn’t get anywhere. Please advise. Thanks.