Plans to support other operating systems than MacOS?

Hi,

Just discovered this and realized this does require MacOS? Are you thinking to support other operating systems like Linux or Windows?

1 Like

Hi Sampsa,

Currently we don’t have plans supporting other operating systems. It’s simply matter of resources, if we’d find a sponsor then we’d definitely do it.

We’re probably going to make some kind of web version pretty soon. It will be really simple version but it’s a good start.

1 Like

I would happily buy a windows license if it can be ported to windows, even with limited functionality. as a web tool would be awesome too but being able to read local files is more important.
For example, I have a next.js app, and I don’t know how to design for it with text, I need all the modules to be integrated into the workflow and I’m not sure a web app would bring the same abilities as a dedicated editor.

Hi,

Creating a Windows version would be a big project. At the moment we’d need to find a enterprise sponsor for the work. We do have plans fro the Web version but it is also a matter of enterprise customisation projects.

For example, I have a next.js app, and I don’t know how to design for it with text, I need all the modules to be integrated into the workflow and I’m not sure a web app would bring the same abilities as a dedicated editor.

I’m not 100% sure what you mean by this but I’m guessing React Studio would not solve your problem. You can’t simply import any code to design canvas and edit it visually. Everything needs to be wrapped into React Studio plugins. Writing plugins does not pay off when creating only one app but it pays of many times when creating tens of projects.