Trying to save the Camera Image to a DataSheet/Slot

We are looking to get the camera working to save the image, to a dataslot that we can then send to firebase, is that possible?

I see the camera has a shoot functionality, but I am unable to see how that gets called through React Studio. I created a button to take the picture and would like to save that to a Dataslot/send it to firebase.

Camera plugin is not designed to work with Firebase uploader. You probably can edit the plugin to work so that it sends the image to Firestore but it requires some plugin development.

The Firebase uploader plugin works pretty well for taking a photo and uploading it automatically into Firestore. See iPhone screenshot below:

Hi, I am in the same place with the same question, how did you figure out to call the shoot function in react studio. I guess I am only looking for to lunch the camera, capture an image, save it to a dataslot and done. How do I make this happen, or in short how to a get a button to perform the shot functions when ever its pressed.

There is no shoot -interaction but the default Firebase uploader plugin element offers the menu (see screen shot on our previous message) with Take photo, Photo library and browse.

If you’d need top bypass the popup menu (Take photo, Photo library and browse) then you’d probably need to create your own camera plugin which would automatically start the camera and do the uploading.

1 Like

see this…

1 Like